Peterhead Academy is a six-year Comprehensive Community School in Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
Peterhead Academy houses around 1,300 pupils.
The original building of the Academy was built in 1846 and was originally a boys only school The South-east (Modern Languages) wing was built in 1961 with further building in the 1970s taking the school to its current form.
The newer area of the academy that is connected to the peterhead leisure centre used to be Peterhead’s very own train station.
Academy houses around 1,300 pupils.
The Academy is split up into six houses: Arbuthnot, Buchan, Craigewan, Grange, Marischal and Slains. Each house is a different colour with Arbuthnot green, Buchan red, Craigewan yellow, Grange purple, Marischal blue and Slains Turquoise.
At one point there used to be eight houses: the six previously mentioned, plus Ugie and Ravenscraig.
The Academy’s motto is “Domus Super Petram Aedificata” (A House Built on a Rock).
The Academy is Scotland’s largest school at over 22,920 square metres in terms of gross internal floor area
- Monday8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Thursday8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday8:00 AM - 4:00 PM