Roadworks Invernettie Roundabout to allow for the upgrading and replacement of existing High Voltage cables in the vicinity
|29 January 2024
|10 February 2024
|Invernettie Roundabout, Peterhead
|Temporary traffic lights and speed restrictions.
|Upgrading and replacement of existing High Voltage cables
In preparation for the construction of the new converter station, enabling works will include:
- Two new permanent access roads with new junctions on the U66, along with a temporary road through the site for construction traffic.
- A site car park and erection of temporary site offices for use during construction.
- Construction of a new cable sealing end compound, and removal of two existing 132kV towers including an existing cable sealing end compound on the existing overhead line that crosses the site.
- Ground investigation works.
- Undergrounding of the existing 11kV overhead line within the converter station land boundary. A new 11kV connection will be installed into the site, running parallel with the A90. This will require periodical temporary traffic lights on the A90 from the U66 junction to the Invernettie roundabout, until March 2024.
More details >>>